Bartering is a transaction between multiple parties. It does not require any medium of exchange, in which goods and services are switched for other goods and/or services. Services can be exchanged for goods and vice versa. Bartering can be implemented in environment where a monetary system is not required.
What are the Benefits?
Swapping is a bartering system in which participants in online communities trade items of comparable value on a trust basis. This type of bartering system is a good way to find and obtain items that interest you. Your unwanted item could be valuable to someone else so swapping is suitable for a win-win situation for both parties.
Why Swap Online?
- In this tough economy, you can save a lot of money by bartering.
- Establish a fun relationship among the active swapping community. Build a network of trusted friends to swap things on a regular basis.
- Create new business contacts and references when trading services and goods.
- Help the environment by avoiding the need to throw away your unwanted stuff in the dumpster. Reuse, Reuse, Reuse!
- Monetary system is not required to complete a swap transaction.
Where to Swap Online?
The best way to find sites that offer bartering services is to use the Google or Yahoo search engine. Swap meets are also good sources to swap things in your local areas . Be sure to avoid sites that require you to pay anything for listing your goods and services. There are plenty of bartering sites that will allow you to barter things without paying a fee.
SwapTreasures is a bartering site that is focused in helping people find things they need. With integration of Facebook and Twitter, members can advertise their items to a mass audience and easily find things they want.